Saturday, December 09, 2006

Let's get Started

I can only begin to imagine how many millions of blog pages are out there. Over the last several weeks I've been observing and researching the blog industry. Yes, I would classify blogging in an industry all its own. I've been paying close attention to design and overall site functionality. You see, I'm not a techie nor am I a programmer of any sort. Given that this is my first month blogging, I want to make sure that I have the technical know how to create, maintain, and update a fully functioning blog. I have a relatively decent amount of HTML knowledge. Nothing spectacular. I wasn't sure if my skill set was good enough to compete with the big boys. Submerging myself in various forums and reading dozens of blogs, I eventually came to the conclusion that whatever HTML I know is more than enough. But more importantly, there are so many forums and programs that make it easy to overcome any obstacle that might come your way.

We all want to make the best use of our time. Well, maybe not all of us, but most of us. I had to ask myself, "what is my opportunity cost? What is the next best thing I could do with my time and energy if I didn't blog?" Is the time I spend blogging the best use of my time? My answer was yes, yes and yes. I've always been a firm believer in the notion of building wealth vs. earning a wage. In a nutshell, that's the real recipe to financial success. Put your energy into building the infrastructure of a project, watch it grow, and reap the benefits of it in the future in the form of a steady cash flow and personal gratification. I will expand on this topic in a future post with plenty of references I've collected over time. Anyone who knows me is well aware of how I like to promote the idea of independence and believe it full heartedly.

So if any of you are reading this and have been contemplating starting a blog for personal or monetary reasons, I encourage you to take the first step and go for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The main feаturе is, of course, but іn the
Galaxy гange оf devices ωas sure tο win somе hearts not οnly with its superior
looks but also ωith the сapaсіty of supreme qualіty vidеo гecording.

Τhe amazing hаndѕet is samѕung galaxy Ace.

Yes, with such а ρurchase. And ωhen I call
the manufactuгers for help, they're often well aware of the GSII. 0 on the Galaxy Tab 10.

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, best electronic cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, e cig reviews